Parent Info for September 2020
January 2021 FAQ
1. When will the schools be open?
As of right now all NYC high schools are closed for in-person learning.
2.How will school be different for my child because of the COVID-19 virus?
As a parent, you will be able to choose between two options:
Option 1: 100% remote learning. Students have 5 days of classes per week from home on a computer using Zoom and Google Classroom.
With this option, your child will receive instruction with their teachers from our school on a regular schedule through Zoom and will be given additional classwork to be done at home on their computer. The content will be the same as what students who choose Option 1 will receive.
Option 2: Combination of in-person and remote learning. Students will have 5 days of classes per week BUT only two–three days of classes will be in the building.
In School and At Home Classes:
- Your child will have classes every day, but because of the COVID-19 pandemic, students will be receiving classes in our school building for only 2 or 3 days per week. The other days your child will have classes via Google Classroom and Zoom. To be safe, we must continue social distancing. This can only happen safely if only about one half of our students are in the building at a time. The content will be the same as what students who choose Option 2 will receive.
Social Distancing and Masks:
- All staff and students must maintain social distancing of at least 6 feet and wear masks at all times in classrooms and hallways.
Students will remain in one classroom:
- To minimize contact in hallways and stairwells where there can be crowding, students will remain in their classrooms and teachers will be rotating to give lessons. In this way, we can reduce the chance of spread of the illness across the school by reducing crowding.
3. If I choose Option 1 (100% remote learning), what will my child’s schedule look like?
See Option 1 below:
4. If I choose Option 2 (combination of in-person and remote learning), what will my child’s schedule look like?
See sample below:
5. When do I have to choose between these options?
You must make your choice by August 7th.
6. How do I make my choice?